It seems that every generation likes to recount the good ol’ days, reminiscing about how things were harder (and that was better) or things were better made and people had more sense. I am inclined to believe that is generally the case, but things don’t always have to change for the worse. It is pretty easy to identify the differences but determining whether they are good or bad takes a bit more thought and is where the conversations can get interesting.
What changes have you noticed, good or bad, and what would you like to ensure doesn’t get lost through the generations?
Here is some fodder for thought:
- How have things changed in schools?
- How are men and women viewed or portrayed differently?
- How does modern technology change the way kids live today?
- How are parents different?
- What is different about the social views on things such as religion, marriage, homosexuality, race, gender etc. different?
- How are times different from your parents and grandparents day?
- Fireside Topic articles are interesting topics to get men talking. Find a few friends and throw a question out there and see what develops. Read more here. -