It is one thing to say that military service is good and honorable, but it is another thing to imagine your children in combat and encouraging them to serve.
Here are some primer questions that came to me as I was thinking through this:
- Will I encourage them to go into the service or not really push it and see if they have the desire themselves?
- Would I think differently for a daughter than a son?
- What is the reasons I would want them to serve?
- What are the benefits of military service?
- What happens if we are engaged in a war I would oppose?
- Fireside Topic articles are interesting topics to get men talking. Find a few friends and throw a question out there and see what develops. Read more here. -