While we may enjoy an unprecedented level of comfort and ease, we shouldn’t fool ourselves into believing that situations which require preparedness to survive is a thing of the past. The survival instinct should remain strong in all of us. I think most often we are simply preoccupied by other things and forget that we should have a real insurance policy for survival.
Here are some questions to stir up discussion:
- Think about different scenarios (natural disaster, financial collapse, hike in prices, terrorist attack, etc.)
- What are the common threats to family survival in each of these?
- What is different?
- How are you preparing?
- What would it take to feed and fuel your family for a week\month\year?
- Does your family have a safe location to meet?
- Are you able to feed your family from the garden and field if necessary?
- Fireside Topic articles are interesting topics to get men talking. Find a few friends and throw a question out there and see what develops. Read more here. -