Tattoos aren’t for everyone, but when done well they are pretty darn cool. Part of what holds people back is deciding on a design that is meaningful and will still be meaningful (and not stupid) 20 years from now.
Whether or not you are serious about getting inked, thinking about what is meaningful in your life and what image could define that is a fun process.
Also, if you have tattoos already, are there any you regret?
Here are some thoughts to get the ball rolling:
- Make sure your design is unique
- Work with a skilled designer, not just a tattoo artist
- Make sure the artist is proficient in a wide variety of styles
- Get a henna version of the tattoo first
- Take your time. Be sure that a few months down the road you would have made the same decision.
- Fireside Topic articles are interesting topics to get men talking. Find a few friends and throw a question out there and see what develops. Read more here. -