I first came across Aaron Jannetti via the video below which was shared on Facebook by Glenn Beck. Aaron’s Active Shooter course seemed like one of the best and most needed ideas in a long time, so I looked him up and invited him to the podcast. Aaron’s skill set is mighty impressive: weightlifter, CrossFit trainer, Krav Maga & firearms instructor…basically he does for a living what every boy dreamed of doing, and then some. In this episode of the Wolf & Iron podcast, Aaron brings his knowledge from multiple disciplines into focus, with one ultimate goal: saving your life and the lives of those you care about.
We pack a lot of information in here, but it’s all stuff you need to hear.
- Why Krav Maga is such a great choice for self-defense
- Weight training and maintaining flexibility for martial arts
- The importance of overall fitness to “save your life”
- Understanding that your life and safety is your responsibility
- What to do in an active shooter situation
“24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, you are responsible for your own safety. If you don’t understand that, that’s on you.”
“[Krav Maga] was developed for everybody…from your couch potato to your athlete; your 4’11”, 100lb female to your 6’2″ 300lb gargantuan.”
“Law enforcement is not there to protect you. They are there to end the threat and enforce laws.”
More on Aaron Jannetti
On the web